About This Blog

The name of this blog comes from a name my husband gave me years ago. It started out as just a simple knitting blog, to show off my creations to the world. But with all that has gone on in my world, I have changed it to show how knitting and other crafts are helping me deal with my anxiety and depression. I'm hoping that this might play a small part in showing the world that these mental disorders are not something to fear or be ashamed of, but something that we must work through as a part of life.

Monday, January 17, 2011

Sock Fever

Well, sort of.  I've been trying to knit up a storm, inbetween that nasty thing I call work and planning a wedding. But, I've got a few things on the needles right now.



I've got one Pyroclastic done, and I am in love.  From now on, I'm going to modify all my socks to have that arch shaping in it.  Damn thing fits like a glove.  I'm hoping to get the second one finished soon.  Which will be a while since I cast these one last night:


These are the Java Socks from the new Knitty. It's bit funny how I it came out just in time.  On Friday, I bought some Alpaca Sox at Guage, because Rodney's been bugging me to knit more for him, and I spent all day saturday looking for the perfect pattern. Then the new Knitty came out, and BAM! Match made in heaven.

In other news, my Tempest is almost done.  I've got all the pieced knitted up, but not seamed.

I'm not a fan of the garter stitch band.  I'm gonna redo it, more than likely in a 2X2 ribbing.

Oh, and did I mention I really should be working on a beaded lace weight shawl for Kathy for the wedding? Due in like, 2 months....yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment