About This Blog

The name of this blog comes from a name my husband gave me years ago. It started out as just a simple knitting blog, to show off my creations to the world. But with all that has gone on in my world, I have changed it to show how knitting and other crafts are helping me deal with my anxiety and depression. I'm hoping that this might play a small part in showing the world that these mental disorders are not something to fear or be ashamed of, but something that we must work through as a part of life.

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Birth of a Kiwi

It has arrived!! After dealing with loads of nonsense from UPS, I got to start working on the pieces on thursday.  I've decided to stain the body, and paint the wheel.


These are the raw wood.

Rodney being his normal, silly self.

It took a lot of time, and I made a big mess, but we had the first coat on before the night was over.
Did I mention big mess?

I put on the 3rd coat last night, and this morning it was dry and awsome, ready to be put together. And it wasn't easy. Took about 3 hours. But....
It's done!!!
And it's sooo pretty and awsome. I've been playing on it for the past, oh, 4 hours. It took a while to get the braking and treadling down, but I've got a good amount done:

This is some of the Perendale-Romney that was sent with the wheel. It's a little rough, but spins very nicely.  I think I'm going to make a felted cat bed out of it.

All in all.  I'm very happy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment