About This Blog

The name of this blog comes from a name my husband gave me years ago. It started out as just a simple knitting blog, to show off my creations to the world. But with all that has gone on in my world, I have changed it to show how knitting and other crafts are helping me deal with my anxiety and depression. I'm hoping that this might play a small part in showing the world that these mental disorders are not something to fear or be ashamed of, but something that we must work through as a part of life.

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Had another...

....crazy ass nightmare last night. This time, it was my whole family were all a trip, and we made a sort of caravan up some winding mountain road.  Both of my brothers (oldest and youngest, not my step-brothers) were riding in a green Jeep behind us.

Why do I so vividly remember a green Jeep, I don't know. No one I've known has ever owned a green Jeep, but it sticks out in my mind.

As we're riding, up, I notice in the side mirror that the Jeep my brothers are in going over the ledge of the cliff, and down to the river before.  No one else notices. I have to scream for my husband to stop the car. You can clearly see the Jeep in the river, and no one does anything. I try to climb down, but the cliff face is too steep. I try to slide, roll, whatever to get down to the river, and get my brothers out. (I know this seems like some huge feat, but really, the vehicle wasn't even completely submerged. Like maybe chest high water?

After they get out, I go back for a bag, because there is something really important in that bag. I don't know what it is, but is was more important than anything. Also, during this time, the rest of my family is still at the top of the cliff watching us.


I'm one of those kinds of people that are half way between 'Your dreams are just jumbles mess your subconscious slaps together' and 'EVERYTHING in your dream has a meaning, read this book about dreams!!!!!'

I know there is a meaning here.  I know I've been thinking a lot about my brothers lately. Regardless of what everyone else says, my two brothers and I really are kinda outsiders to the family.  When we get together 'as a family', it's my step-mothers family, not ours. All three of us have a really bad relationship with our mothers, and we are all starting to admit to ourselves that we are having issues and are trying to fix them.

Anyway, it's early, need coffee, but I had to get this down first.

No comments:

Post a Comment